Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Idea

Since March of 2002 I've owned a great 1987 BMW 325 (E30). It's been a great car though a little slow for my taste. Possessing the M20 2.7 liter eta engine, it only has 121 max horsepower and 170 ft. lb of torque. (see other posts for E30 M20 eta specs).

I've decided to replace the engine in my E30 with a newer more powerful engine from an E36. Since I still have much planning to do before the actual swap, I've decided to start collecting information and blogging it. A repository if you will. The hope is that the climax of my blog will be the actual trials and tribuations of the engine swap itself, and to serve as a resource for others looking to do the same thing.

Disclaimer: Throughout this blog some info may be slightly inaccurate, always double check with your dealer. This is simply a collection of information for my own project. I will not be held accountable for any inaccurate information.

No comments: