Saturday, January 26, 2008

Moving and Exhaust

At this point it is January 2008, the car isn't running yet, and I'm moving into the Hadley house. I have to get my car out of the Hedgelane house where I've been living. The car has no exhaust system, and needs to go to the shop to get one custom built. So I incorporate a coworker and his truck as well as a Uhaul tow dolly. By the way, my experience at Uhaul was abysmal. But I got the car to the shop.

I had two things done at the BMW shop:
- Bleed the hydraulic clutch system.
- Check and reclaim refrigerant from the air conditioner. (Turns out there was no refrigerant)

The muffler shop is next door to the BMW shop (how convenient):
- I had custom exhaust built only through the catalytic converter. We decided to leave picking the muffler until after it was running.

No comments: