Sunday, June 10, 2007

I had a late start to my third day, so I didn't have enough time to finish the two things I had planned to do: Oil pan swap and brake booster swap. Instead I only finished the oil pan swap.

On my fourth day I got the brake booster swapped (minor frustration), and prepped the M50 for insertion to the E30. It's a tight fit getting that thing in without having the front clip off, but I managed to get it in with minimal fuss. I recommend removing the condenser from the car, or at least moving it out of the way. Also, I had the power steering pump removed, as well as the AC compressor. It would have been ideal to have the AC compressor bracket removed from the engine, but I did not and decided to go for it. I ended up with some scraping (not happy about) but nothing major.

No comments: